« Home | Dogs in the 'Verse » | Why is Victorian History so Dull? » | Wolves of the North » | The End of the World is Nigh! » | Firefly in the Vinyard (FitV) Character Creation » | Firefly: Dogs of the Vineyard Style » | Choose your own adventure » | Taking the Reins » | Heartbreak in the City of Forgotten Gods » | Magicians of England First Playtest (long) »

Ceremony in Firefly in the Vineyard

I have just posted a topic (see link) on the Forge about what I am thinking about for Ceremony in FitV.

As a taste, here are the 3 quotes that I based it on. You may interpret them as you like.

“A captain's goal was simple: find a crew, find a job, keep flying.”

“Let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job, and then I get paid. “

“You're on my crew. Why we still talking about this?”

(for context, here is the full exchange:

Simon: Captain... why did you come back for us?
Mal: You're on my crew.
Simon: Yeah, but you don't even like me. Why'd you come back?
Mal: You're on my crew. Why we still talking about this?”)

Shiny.

I went to a twelve hour marathon this weekend where they showed every episode of Serenity back-to-back. It started at midnight, and went until noon. It is usually tough to stay up the whole night, but as it turns out, it is much harder to fall asleep when you are analyzing every episode according to the rules of DitV.

I'll Be In My Bunk,
m

Post a Comment