« Home | Castles of Tuscany » | Agon: Shadowrun Conversion » | Creating Better Characters » | The Alternate History One-Shot Contest » | Mechaton Rules Blitz 3 & 5 » | Mechaton Rules Bitz 4 - Alternate Chassis » | Mathematica Playtest is Available » | Mechaton Rules Blitz 2 - Initiative Defense » | Mechaton Rules Blitz 1 - Bounties! » | Universal Game Rules »

Game Design Gossip

I promise not to make this a habit, but I thought I would post a little gossip along with a little speculation on my part.

Recently, Luke Crane (of Burning Wheel) and Jared Sorensen (of Memento Mori) met up with Peter Atkinson (formerly of WotC) in Seattle. No one will talk about why they are meeting, but I think I have figured out why.

I was listening to a podcast over at Pulp Gamer (boy I am just plug-tastic in this post) and Peter Atkinson was on talking about his newly acquired game called Bella Sara. It is a game for girls where you get pretty pretty ponies and you can log on to brush their hair and dress them up in pretty dresses.

I then knew why they were meeting. Peter must be courting Luke and Jared to take over this project. Aaaah, I can see it now: Burning octaNe - where you breed monstrous horses for riding and crushing your enemies. Breed your horses according to one of many monstrous lifepaths and then outfit them in the latest murder gear. Share them with your friends and then crush them.

I couldn't possibly be wrong.

You know, that sounds like Mail Order Monsters, and I'm all in favor of somone reviving that!

Post a Comment